Most sponges are made of polyester or nylon, which are synthetic products, not to mention the plastic packaging they come in! This all means that these sponges shed microfibres when they are washed and won't break down when they are thrown away.
These durable, absorbent and compostable sponges from EcoVibe make a great alternative to traditional synthetic sponges which are made of petrochemicals. These sponges are great on bathroom surfaces and kitchen countertops, as well as dishes and everyday spills, so they’re perfect for cleaning all around the house.
Each sponge can absorb and retain up to 10 times its own weight in water and can last through many tough cleaning jobs. They’re hygienic, durable, environmentally friendly, reusable and fully biodegradable, made from 100% cellulose which is natural wood fibre and plastic-free.
Comes in a pack of 2 sponges.
How to use
Keep as dry as possible between uses. Sterilize by soaking for a few minutes in boiled water, microwave heating damp sponges or pop in the dishwasher with a drying cycle.
These sponges several months depending on how often or how vigorously they’re used.
We know that going plastic-free is not easy and we are not perfect! We believe it is about the small switches we can make to reduce our impact on the planet.
We are proud to be helping not only customers, but independent stores to access earth-friendly, effective, and reliable products. In February 2020 we launched our B2B site to make it quicker and easier for traders to access our products, and we’re looking at improving this service even further this year.
It is amazing for us to be able to see how far EcoVibe has come, but we still retain the same principles and values we had at day one:
- Our products must be truly eco-friendly, ethically produced and sustainable.
- Our products must help people remove unnecessary pollution from their lives.
- Our information must be clear and trustworthy.
- Our packaging is always completely plastic-free.
- We only sell products we would buy ourselves.
We have been able to achieve some amazing things so far:
- We have saved over 40 tonnes of plastic entering our eco-system.
- We have been featured in nationwide publications such as The Independent, The Metro, Men’s Health, Country Living and Hello Magazine.
- We have planted thousands of trees to offset carbon emissions
- And we have helped thousands of customers to reduce their plastic.
We know there is still some way to go and we could not do this without you. Thank you for your support in helping us continue our mission to cut unnecessary pollution.