Skip to content
Christmas collection now live!
Christmas collection now live!

Squeeze Coffee Unsponge

£6.25

The Coffee Squeeze™ zero waste sponge is a reusable, sustainable, plastic free kitchen scrubber made from recycled fair trade coffee sacks.

Each sponge is handmade from the hardwearing fabric of a coffee sack that has reached the end of its journey (around 60% of the Coffee Sponges feature a plain hessian top but the remaining 40% have part of the logo or insignia of the company who shipped the coffee). The tough jute top is stitched to a canvas liner and pure cotton back before being filled with a sponge-like cellulose core and finished with a woven label - ready to tackle your kitchen, bathroom or any tough job you need it for.

Our brand new cellulose core means that our zero waste sponges have a whole host of new features that we think you'll love, they're:

  • Flexible
  • Foaming
  • Quick drying
  • And still 100% plant based, compostable and handmade.

Size: Each sponge is approximately 12cm x 7cm.


How to use

To keep your sponge fresh and ready for use always wring it out after use - it can hold up to 10X its own weight in water so it needs a good squeeze!

As your sponge is made from 100% natural materials you can wash it with your towels or freshen it in your regular wash - every 4-5 days will keep it in tip-top condition. You can also sterilise it with a quick blast in a microwave or run it through the dishwasher.

When your Coffee Sponge reaches the end of its useful life - usually around four months - it can be cut up and composted or posted in a rag bank for recycling.

About Rowen Stillwater

We handmake zero waste and vegan products to help people maintain and transition to cruelty free lifestyles.