Vegan Wax Wraps
These vegan food wraps are a plant based vegan alternative to single use plastic, cling film and tin foil. They are a natural, eco friendly and traditional way to protect and keep food fresh.
Our vegan wax wraps are soy and palm oil free and are made using custom designed 100% organic cotton which is GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) certified. We have a range of sizes brought together in packs that we think will match the lifestyle of environmentally conscious Vegans.
All our wraps are handmade in the Cotswolds. We use a simple process to make sure all of our wraps are perfect. And come to you in 100% recycled packaging. The wraps are available in a three or five pack, or a single extra large wrap for wrapping your freshly baked bread:
- 3-pack includes One Small Wrap 20 x 20cm, One Medium Wrap 30 x 30cm, One Large Wrap 40 x 40cm
- 5-pack includes Two Small Wraps 20 x 20cm, Two Medium Wraps 30 x 30cm, One Large Wrap 40 x 40cm
- Extra Large Wrap 50 x 50cm
Handmade from locally sourced British beeswax, organic jojoba oil and pine resin, with GOTs certified organic cotton and organic dyes.
Each pack includes two designs; a flower filled meadow print with beehives dotted around the design, and a vibrant green wrap busy with bees. Wrap over, under and around almost anything (just like cling film!) to keep your food fresh for longer.
How to use
Our beeswax wraps are easy to use and just as easy to care for. Follow these three simple steps to begin using your wraps:
- Open out your beeswax wrap, and flex and fold it to loosen it up. It may be a little stiff from being folded and sent out to you.
- Use the heat of your hands to fold and mould the wrap over, under, or around anything you want to cover.
- Use the heat of your hands to release the naturally adhesive self-sealing finish and seal to your bowl or dish, or to secure to itself to create a tight but breathable seal.
There are so many uses for our vegan wraps, probably more than you realise! Here are some ideas to help inspire you:
- Wrap your sandwiches
- Cover leftovers
- Keep vegan cheese fresh
- Wrap greens, salad leaves, and herbs
- Keep bread fresh for longer
- Prove dough
Our wraps will last for up to a year and can be refreshed to last even longer. When cleaning your vegan wraps, most of the time a quick brush down or wipe with a cold damp cloth will do.
To give them a thorough wash, follow these simple steps:
Simply fill your kitchen sink with cold water and a little washing up liquid and then use a scrubbing brush to clean the wrap.
After, simply hang on a washing line to dry. Do not submerge in very hot water or use in the microwave.
There is a tutorials page here with videos explaining how to use and look after our wraps.
The plant based ingredients include jojoba oil**, pine resin, sumac wax*, sunflower wax*, rice bran wax* and hydrogenated castor oil*.
*GMO free and manufactured in the UK
About Vegan Food Wrap Co
Why should you use our Vegan Food Wraps?
- Vegan Our wraps are completely Vegan and we source all of our ingredients from the most sustainable sources possible.
- Planet Friendly We have created these wraps in response to a growing demand for planet friendly alternatives to single use plastic. Our reusable sandwich wraps could potentially eliminate a household's use of cling film, tin foil and plastic sandwich bags.
- Biodegradable Our wraps should last for up to a year, they can be cleaned easily and reused over and again. At the end of their life you can put them in the compost to decompose.
- Easy to wash You can keep your wraps clean, just clean with warm water and a tiny bit of washing up liquid